Scotland's oldest distillery and spiritual home of Scotland's best selling whisky.
The Famous Grouse Experience is one of the most popular visitor attractions in Scotland, telling the story of Scotland's best selling Scotch. Based at Glenturret Distillery just outside Crieff, this is a must for anyone with an interest in Scotch Whisky.
Matthew Gloag first created his "Grouse" whisky brand in the 1896, due to popularity of the blend it was renamed "The Famous Grouse" in 1905. By 1980 Famous Grouse was the highest selling Scotch in Scotland and overseas exporting began. Famous Grouse was awarded a Royal Warrant in 1984.
The Famous Grouse Experience Café, Bar and Outdoor Terrace offer a relaxed Scottish atmosphere. Enjoy lunch and snacks from the daily menu using locally sourced seasonal ingredients; includes soups, sandwiches, main courses, homebaking and over 50 whiskies available to sample in the bar!
- Experience Tour - explore interactive zone, enjoy watching production of single malt whisky followed by a tasting.
- Seasonal Special Tour - includes Experience Tour plus nosing & tasting session.
- Taste of Scotland Tour - Experience Tour followed by an insight into how whisky compliments different foods.
- Challenge Your Senses - Enjoy an in-depth Tour followed by a Malt Challenge, blending your own to take home.
- Behind the Scenes Tour - Fully Day experience, enjoy a morning learning from the Stillman, then a Malt Challenge in the afternoon. Includes souvenirs of your day at the Glenturret distillery.
What you'll need to know!
Visit The Famous Grouse Experience at Glenturret Distillery, Crieff, Perthshire PH7 4HA
Telephone: 01764 656565
Opening Hours: March - October 9am to 6pm, November - February 10am to 5pm (closed Christmas Day, Boxing Day, New Year's Day)